Call for candidates for standing committees
The British Veterinary Association (BVA) is inviting candidates to stand for election to one of its five standing committees.
There are spaces open on all the committees, each of which report to BVA Council. The committees are as follows:
- Veterinary Policy Group (VPG) - VPG advises BVA Council on any veterinary subject of national interest relevant to animal health, animal welfare, or public health
- Members' Services Group (MSG) - MSG advises the BVA Council on any current service provided to members and makes proposals to change or identify potential new services
- Ethics and Welfare Group (EWG) - EWG is a standing committee of BVA Council which considers ethical issues arising from the interaction of animals with human society
- BVA Animal Welfare Foundation (AWF) - AWF is the veterinary profession’s own animal welfare charity. It aims to improve the welfare of all animals through veterinary science, education and debate
- Overseas Group (OG) – OG links the BVA and its members with veterinary associations, organisations and individuals throughout the developing world. It considers and advises upon those overseas matters of concern to the veterinary profession.
Application packs are available here, and the nomination deadline is 13th July 2012 at 4pm.